Loreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation Review

Recently I've been wanting to try some more dewy foundations, as I haven't been enjoying the finish of my more matte foundations as my skin has been more on the drier side. So when Target had 40% off Loreal I picked this up to try.

I will start this review by telling you about my skin. My skin is currently on the drier, dehydrated side but does occasionally get oily if the weather is humid and hot. My skin is also quite sensitive, and prone to breakouts. I currently have a few breakouts, and some scars from past breakouts.


Here is my face before makeup:

After applying the foundation:

As you can see it evened out my skin tone, but only has a light-medium coverage that is more on the lighter side. I built it up to this coverage with two layers especially on the areas I have blemishes. This was actually the second time I had worn this foundation, and this time applied it with a brush. When applied with the sponge (that it came with) it has a lighter coverage and used more product. The brush definitely gave a higher coverage. Both the sponge and brush blended the product out easily. It does have a more dewy finish, although not overly dewy (on me at least).

Complete Look:
Full list of products at the end of the post. 
I did wear primer under the foundation, as I always wear primer with foundation. Also I did put on some powder where I was wearing concealer (under eyes and blemishes), as my concealer does not stay if I don't powder (especially on blemishes).

On this day it was quite humid and hot, and I was walking around all day. Although it was in air-conditioning I did still get quite warm. I also ate both a burrito and gelato which were quite messy and probably did contribute to some fading.

After 6 hours:

As you can see, some coverage was lost over my blemishes and on my chin. I did get lipstick on my chin which my mum rubbed off and probably removed the foundation. Although other than on those areas, I feel like the foundation didn't come off. I really enjoyed the finish of the foundation and how it looked throughout the day although it wasn't the longest lasting. It also did not irritate my skin, I do have some new breakout but I think it is unrelated as it is that time of the month. It will definitely continue to be part of my foundation rotation.

Other products worn:
Stila One Step Correct Primer
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly (undereyes)
Covergirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer in Light (blemishes)
Maybelline Fit Me Powder in 115 (undereyes)
Australia Fresh + Flawless Powder in Light Beige (blemishes)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush
Loreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Eyeshadow in Cafe Saint Germain
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
Laura Mercier Eyebrow Powder Duo in Soft Blonde
Loreal Brow Artist Plumper in Transparent
MAC Lipstick in Show Orchid

Until next time
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts