April: A Look Back

I know everybody says this, but honestly I can't believe April is over. It seems like every time I blink several months flash by.

April was a rocky month all round, and unfortunately my mental health suffered a lot (which is why I ended up not posting as much as planned). Despite this there were definitely some positives to this month; I went out for the first time in ages and had an amazing time, I had my first Krav Maga lesson in which I learnt a lot and will definitely be going back, and I heard positive feedback from a job interview despite not getting the job. Although a lot of the month was a struggle I find focusing on the positives no matter how small keeps me going forwards. 

Now onto the makeup I was loving this month:


Zoeva Caramel Melange

It doesn't really come as a shock that I absolutely love this palette. I have mentioned my love for it's sister palette, Cocoa Blend, many times on here and my Instagram and I must say this instalment doesn't disappoint. Although I haven't yet used all the shades (I find that can sometimes take me several months) the ones which I have used are absolutely beautiful and blend like a dream even with my eyes being dry and problematic this month. I haven't yet decided if I love this or the Cocoa Blend more, but they are both currently tied as my favourite palette. 

Stila Magnificent Metal Glitter & Glow in Kitten Karma

One thing I don't like about this product: the sheer length of it's name. Now that my one minor gripe is out of the way let's get on with what I actually love about this product. I've always been a lover of glitter, even when I was essentially a tomboy who wouldn't be seen dead in skirts I still loved glitter. Now glitter in makeup (and in general) is usually very messy which is what had deterred me from wearing it often. Well all those problems are gone with this liquid formula. While other people have commented on still getting some fallout, I personally have not experienced any noticeable fallout. The shade Kitten Karma is a beautiful rose gold with some flecks of silver glitter, that I find pairs amazingly with a lot of my daily eyeshadows (and yes I have worn this just to go to uni). I'm definitely going to be picking up more colours of these when they eventually come back in stock.

Beauty Blender

I'll admit it, I was sceptical about the Beauty Blender. I honestly didn't think it could apply product better than a brush but was I wrong. The Beauty Blender just somehow makes my foundation look absolutely beautiful on my skin, and is definitely more forgiving on dry patches than my brush is. I do think I might use a tiny bit more product but I'm willing to forgive that for how much better my skin looks. So I'll say it now, I'm a Beauty Blender convert.

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Famous Red

I love a matte lip, but the problem is liquid lips are just too drying on my already dry lips. That is where this comes in. It's matte and yes, a little drying but nowhere near the amount of a liquid lip. I find it lasts for several hours on my lips and I drink water a lot. Now onto the colour, this is exactly the red I have had pictured in my mind for several months. There is just something about the undertones that make it so very different to other reds in my collection.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer

An old faithful, that I have fallen back into love with. This time last year I used this as my everyday primer but I stopped due to the incredibly high price tag. Now I pull this out when I really need my makeup to last. I wore this when I went out and while everyone else was experiencing makeup meltdown, my makeup looked like it was freshly applied. I just love how long this makes my foundation last, so it is my perfect "special occasion" primer. 

So there we have it, my roundup and look back on the month of April. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you around
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts