Lipsticks for the Colder Seasons

Winter has finally arrived, and there is a chill in the air even in Queensland. With this weather comes the inevitable shift in makeup and one of my favourites is a dark lip. Now I know that dark lips can be intimidating for some, especially those nude lip lovers out there, but they are honestly gorgeous.


Hourglass Girl Lip Stylo in Liberator

I would call this the berry lip for those afraid of berry lips, and is a great place to start if you are scared of darker colours. It is a lovely mauve-berry which makes it that much more wearable, and if you love mauve-nudes not that much of a step out of the comfort zone. I find that it has those wintery vibes without being too intense. It is also a divine formula, creamy and comfortable but still opaque. This creaminess is especially welcome on dry winter lips.

MAC Russian Red

This lipstick was my first adventure into darker lip shades instead of my usual bright red. While not super dark, it is darker than the more classic reds (for example Ruby Woo) which I feel gives it that wintery edge. I'm honestly shocked that my bullet hardly looks used as I wore this almost every time I wore makeup for months on end, I'm guessing I just don't wear makeup often enough. The formula is MAC's matte formula which is not super matte (unlike the Retro Mattes) so is fairly comfortable although probably a bit drying over time.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Raspberry Bite

I'm not certain if Revlon still make this colour, so I'm sorry if they don't, but I absolutely love it. It does look darker in the bullet than it does on the lips but it is definitely still more of a wintery colour. I would describe it as a berry-fuschia, and I find it gives you a look like you have actually rubbed berries on your lips. It is in the creme formula of the Super Lustrous Lipsticks which is my favourite Revlon formula and for ages was my favourite formula of all (then I started buying high end).

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Blackmail

Now this colour is definitely not for the faint of heart, I don't think you can go much darker without it being actually black. I originally thought this was a colour I would never wear, and danced around purchasing it for over a year (since it came out in the Matte Revolution formula). Finally I bit the bullet and purchased it. While it definitely isn't something I wear on an everyday basis, I do absolutely love it. Every time I wear it I think I fall a little more in love. Although one thing to note is that it would probably be better with a lip liner and I know that it has since been released in a pack with the lip liner. It is definitely something you have to retouch after eating or you might just look a little crazy (from personal experience).

So that is my list of colder weather lipstick favourites, from the very wearable to the slightly more out there.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts