21st Birthday Makeup

So when I'm writing this it's been 2 weeks since my birthday, so this post really hasn't been the quickest turnaround ever but that isn't super important. My 21st was a rather quiet birthday with a HIIT gym session in the morning followed by a day of studying due to having an exam the next day. This makeup is actually from the following day when I had dinner with my dad following the exam.

As I wasn't doing much for my birthday, I went with rather simple makeup using some of my favourite everyday products.


Base

For my base makeup I started with my trusty Stila One Step Correct, which is pretty much the only primer I've used in months. My foundation of choice was the Urban Decay Naked Skin in 0.5, as I was feeling like using a lighter coverage foundation. I then paired this with the Tarte Shape Tape in Fair, to cover blemishes and dark circles. I then set everything with the Maybelline Fit Me Powder in 115 which I've finally hit pan on so I'll be able to try a new powder soon. For blush I went with my everyday favourite, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush. As it was my birthday I went in heavy with the highlight using lots of the Balm Mary-Loumaniser.

Eye & Brows

For brows I used my tried & true Benefit Gimme Brow in 1. I went with an old favourite for my simple eye look, using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I used Salted Caramel through my crease followed by Marzipan on the lid for a simple glowing eye look. I finished the eye look off with tonnes of Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara on my lashes.

Lips

The lips were definitely the main focus of this look and for that I went with a red. Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Light My Fire is not only a beautiful red, but the matte formula stayed mostly intact through my dinner of Nando's.


note: taking a selfie with a full camera isn't as easy as you'd think.

So there it is, the makeup I wore for my 21st birthday & a look into the makeup I've been wearing everyday.

-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts