Struggling with Self Confidence

Many, if not all, of us struggle with our self confidence at some point in our lives. For some of us it is a permanent struggle against negative thoughts. Even people who appear confident to the outside world can be dealing with low self esteem & confidence within their heads.

I've struggled with my self confidence for as long as I can remember, even as a small child. There has always been something that I have wanted to change about myself. Although I have come a long way since my early teen years having zero self confidence, I still struggle with my self confidence. Some days it doesn't bother me but others, such as today, all I can see are my faults. I thought today I would list some things that I like doing when I'm feeling down & all I can see is my faults.

Focus On The Positives 

So this is super cliche but I thought I would mention it anyway because it really does help. So while you may have failed a test, you could still be amazing at singing. Even if you can't immediately think of something you are good at it can be anything. For example, I'm amazing with animals & they just love me. So think of something you are good at even if it's something as simple as making a great smoothie.

Watch A TV Show You Enjoy

Something I find always makes me feel better is watching a show I love especially if it's a comedy. One of my current feel good favourites is Brooklyn Nine-Nine although there are several others I love including Gilmore Girls & New Girl.

Get Outside

Obviously only if the weather etc. is appropriate, I wouldn't suggest doing this in a blizzard. I think a lot of us are guilty of spending most of our time inside and sometimes getting outside into the sun can make all the difference. I love to just take a small walk outside to brighten my mood.

Have A Hug

With a loved one, whether they are a human or animals. I find having a little cuddle with my cat, Bucky, greatly improves my mood. I also find it hard to think negatively about myself when he's looking at me  like I'm the greatest thing in the whole wide world.

There is definitely other things that I do to brighten my mood but these are some of the things that I do to improve my mood & get rid of those negative thoughts. What do you do when you aren't feeling self-confident and down?
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts