Red Lipstick Edit

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I missed yesterday's blogmas post, unfortunately I have been having major family issues for the last few days. I may miss some more posts but I'm endeavouring to post as much as possible in December. With that out of the way, let's get on to the actual post.

If there is one makeup item that is synonymous with Christmas & the holiday season, it would be the red lip. As many would know, a red lip is kind of my signature makeup look so coming up with an edit of my favourites for a post was actually quite easy. So here is a list of my favourite reds that are perfect for the festive season. 



Lancome Le Contour in 110 Rouge Tulipe

Lip liner is an essential when it comes to getting perfect, sharp red lip, especially if you want it to be long-lasting which is definitely something I look for around the holidays. This Lancome liner is in the perfect neutral red tone & I find it works with a large array of red tones. It is also incredibly long lasting, when I swatch it I can't get it off for hours (and I wash my hands a lot). 

Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Light My Fire

Definitely the most long-lasting lipstick on this list, I find this lasts even through a meal making it perfect for Christmas day. It is a bright red with a slight orangey undertone which I love as I have a warmer undertone. There is several reds in the Powermatte collection so I'm certain there would be one for everyone. I absolutely adore this formula for it's aforementioned longevity while not being very drying like I find other liquid lipsticks can be. 

MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red

A deeper, cooler toned red perfect for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere currently experiencing Winter. While not super long lasting (won't last through meals etc.) it does last a fair amount of time on the lips. The MAC matte formula is probably one of my all time favourites, comfortable but still has beautiful matte finish that I love. 

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Annabella

My absolute favourite red and my signature colour, Nars Annabella will probably be something I always use. The Audacious formula is probably one of the best formulas I have tried, a beautiful satin finish, surprisingly long lasting and highly pigmented. It is so pigmented that I find it ever so slightly stains my lips which I definitely love. 

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Famous Red

Can you tell I just love Nars lipsticks? Famous Red is definitely more on the coral red side but for those of us currently in Summer is absolutely gorgeous. I do find this slightly drying, but it is so absolutely beautiful that I can accept this. 

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Tilt

This is definitely an orange red, making this one of my more summery reds. This is another of my favourite formulas. This is another that is long-lasting when not eating but as a bullet lipstick is not the most long-lasting. 

So there we have it, a rundown of all my favourite red lipsticks for all your holiday red lipstick needs.  Are you a red lipstick lover like me, or do you prefer other colours? Until next time
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts