The 2017 Edit: Beauty

I never realise how many of my daily products are old favourites until I come to do one of these posts & don't want to feature ones that have been in past yearly favourites. This year has definitely been the year of skincare discovery & I've made many changes to my routine over the year, so this will definitely be a skincare heavy post. I also realised that many of my favourites are from the later half of the year due to having more money to spend on such things as skincare & makeup after moving back home. Although a lot of these favourites are new, I feel as if they have become staples in my collection already.

Skincare:

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum & TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
This combination of serums has been the best products I've ever used for my skin & I feel like they have greatly helped my skin. The C-Firma has greatly reduced the appearance of my acne scars & definitely helps the scars disappear quicker from more recent acne. The TLC Framboos has helped with the texture on my skin & most of the under skin bumps I had from a previous product reaction are gone. I was hoping I didn't love these so much as they are so expensive but they are really good so I guess I'll make an exception.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Night Mask
A significantly cheaper product compared to the Drunk Elephant, but my other favourite for the year. Having both Tea Tree Oil & Salicylic Acid to help with acne, I find this has helped significantly with the acne I have experienced since moving home (a combination of stress & weather is to blame). Currently the only active breakouts I have are tiny which I attribute to this.

Makeup:

MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC10
My favourite full coverage foundation that I've tried, and the best colour match I have for when I'm at my fairest. I also love the finish, it's not too matte but it's not dewy & I find it quite long lasting.

Nars Soft Matte Complete Coverage Concealer in Chantilly
Probably the biggest concealer launch of the year, at least the one I was most excited for. I just love the coverage & how it looks on my skin.

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Fair 
My other favourite concealer of the year, which apparently is the year of the base product. I just love how full coverage it is, even though it can occasionally look cakey which I don't like. But when it looks great, it looks amazing.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Vol. 3
I mean I've used this every time I've done my makeup since I got it, so it's pretty obvious I love it. I just love how glowy everything looks & doesn't have the powdery look that other powders have.

Stila Magnificent Metal Glitter & Glow in Kitten Karma
I just how easy this is too use, as I love glitter but it can be difficult to use. I love how beautiful this looks on the lids & I wear it quite often.

Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Light My Fire
Long lasting, non-drying & pigmented; pretty much everything I have ever wanted in a liquid lipstick. The colour is absolutely gorgeous & I love wearing it.

So there is my 2017 beauty favourites, this year was definitely one of experimentation in relation to skincare & makeup. I'm looking forward to trying more new products in the new year.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts