5 Products on Trail: Skincare & Makeup

The start of a new blog series; rather than posting ordinary hauls without much information & reviews I have decided to do a "products on trial" where I post my thoughts on new products after using them for awhile. I thought with this new setup I could review things more thoroughly & also post products bought over a larger time frame. I may still do hauls occasionally, such as in May after going overseas, but these posts will for the most part be the new norm.


Kate Somerville EradiKate Cleanser
While I like the cleanser I was previously using (Bare Minerals Blemish Ready Anti Imperfection Treatment Gelee Cleanser), I'm not completely in love. So I've been looking at other anti-acne cleansers, hoping that one will save my skin & make it beautiful & clear (impossible, but a girl can dream). I've been using the EradiKate for about a month now, and I think it may work better than the Bare Minerals but I can't be 100% certain (skin is a tricky thing, it seems to be affected by everything especially mine). I think I'm going to keep using this for a while until I finish it, then I'll make a decision about repurchasing.

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme
As I'm running low on my Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, which is just so expensive to repurchase, I've been looking in to some different glycolic products to use instead (particularly if they may be slightly less pricy). Although a lower percentage glycolic than the Drunk Elephant, I might actually be finding better results with these although I think a bit more time is needed to be sure. I think this could be as these pads actually have glycolic, lactic & salicylic acids, which all work slightly different in exfoliating & helping clear the skin (at least from what I've read). They also contain hyaluronic acid to assist in hydrating the skin.

l to r: Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb, Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlight, Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil

Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter in Hu$tla Baby
The next 2 products came as a pair of minis. I was quite excited to see the release of this set of Fenty Beauty minis, as I've been wanting to try Fenty Beauty but wasn't quite ready to take the plunge to buy full priced products especially as I really don't need any more makeup. This highlight is quite intense & definitely not "everyday" but is quite stunning. It is, as I feel many popular highlighters are,  borderline too dark for a true highlight on my skin tone although I can make it work. I probably wouldn't buy a full size in this colour but I'm definitely considering picking up the lighter duo.

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow
This gives me major throwback vibes to 2009/10, which was the last time I really wore lipgloss particularly a natural toned lipgloss, but I love it. It's almost like someone took the sucky gloss I used to wear & made it so much better. I wore this the other day when getting my passport photos done & my lips looked great. I definitely think I'm going to be getting a lot of use out of this especially on minimal makeup days.

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer
Can you believe I had never tried this bronzer? I mean it's a cult classic especially for those with fair skin & for good reason. Firstly, the shade is absolutely gorgeous on fair skin & isn't either too warm or too cool. It seems to blend in seamlessly, which as a bronzer newbie I just love. While it is matte, I don't find it looks too matte & flat which is another massive plus. I think I may have found a new holy grail product.

There we have it, my current products on trial. I definitely think there are some definite wins in this selection & not really anything that I don't at least like if not love. I always seem to have pretty good luck with new products, although that is probably due to the research that I usually do before purchasing something. Have you tried any of these products, and how have you gotten along with them?
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts