Loving Lately: December & January Beauty Favourites

Unplanned hiatus is broken, I'm back. The last few weeks have been quite busy with university, so the blog had to take a backseat. January was a strange month, it was super busy due to the end of term with university but at other times felt like it was dragging on forever. Anyway, lets get on with my first favourites post for 2018.


Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lip in Lolita
Although Lolita has been pretty much a cult product for many people for years, I never really thought I'd love it. It's so different to my usual bright red but I actually love it. I just love it when I'm looking for a different look to my usual, and if I want to go more intense on the eyes. The formula isn't my favourite (I prefer the Nars Powermatte Lip Pigments) but it definitely is long lasting & as long as I don't wear it on consecutive days my lips don't get too dry.

Nyx Lid Lingerie Palette
Originally I didn't even think of this as a favourite, then I realised that I had used this almost everyday that I've worn makeup. It's a great basic, everyday, matte palette which is why I love it. It has good pigmentation, not super pigmented but build able which I usually prefer for mattes.

Nyx No Filter Powder in Alabaster
This isn't cakey, sets my makeup & isn't super matte which I love. I often find that powder looks super cakey on my skin, although as I have more oily skin I need powder to keep my makeup on my skin. This is the kind of powder I like, isn't super cakey but still sets my makeup.

Hourglass Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette
I mean everyone knew this was coming, I just love Hourglass. I definitely think I'm going to wear this constantly for all of the foreseeable future. They are just so beautiful, luminous & wet looking.

the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
My first ever highlighter & still one of my favourite everyday highlighters. This was my go-to highlight in December (before I got the Hourglass), it's a gorgeous light golden highlight that is light enough for my fair skin.

Nails Inc Polish in Rainbow Wishes
Usually I wouldn't put a product in a favourite so soon after purchasing it, the haul hasn't even been posted yet, but I've been wearing it everyday since I purchased it. It's a part of the Nails Inc Unicorn Duo, which immediately caught my eye when I saw them on the shelf. I just love the beautiful colour shifts that this has; I can see purple, teal & pink. It also lasted most of the week, which is great seeing my nails are in horrible condition & I was in labs that week.

So there we have it, my December & January beauty favourites. I decided that I'm also going to do a random favourites/ experience favourites for the month, so that might be a new monthly post I guess we will just see. Until next post (hopefully on schedule).
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts