The Travel Morning Routine

I just got back from a 2 week trip to the UK & France, and while jet lag is currently killing me I kind of felt like finally getting back to posting after having a break again. I thought I would go over my travel morning routine that I wore most days while I was away, I did wear a full face a few times but mostly went with this.

While in the UK my acne was mostly non-existent, I should move there & have clear skin constantly, so I mostly went foundation free while on holiday. I also was not wanting to do makeup because I just wanted to get out every day to do everything possible. I also got sunburnt so couldn't really wear it either, also yes, I am an Australian who got burnt in the UK because I'm that pale. I'm also going to go through my current morning skincare routine because I'm in love.


For skincare I've been starting with my Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Foaming Cleanser, which is currently my favourite acne cleanser (even beating out my Bare Minerals love). Next I've been going in with a new product, The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc which I really think is helping with my scarring as well as making me not get quite as sweaty throughout the day. I've still been using my favourite moisturiser, Dermalogica Calm Water Gel, I'm on my second tube currently.

Makeup wise, I've been wearing very minimal makeup & I feel like the tools are actually the stars of the show. Brow wise, I've been using the spoolie end of the Anastasia Beverly Hills 7 Brush, which is probably the best spoolie in the entire world. I just follow that up with a coat of Benefit Gimme Brow (which is finally back in stock). I never thought I would love a pair of eyelash curlers as much as I love these ones, the Surratt Relevee Lash Curlers. They just fit my eyes so well, I haven't pinched my eyelids yet and the curl holds so well. I then use a light coat of Urban Decay Perversion, and then I'm done. This is definitely minimal makeup but I find it just makes me look that little bit more put together.

I feel like this look is just going to be my favourite for super lazy days when I don't want to wear a full face makeup. Keep your eyes peeled for a haul from while I was overseas, I'm testing all the products right now for mini-reviews. Hopefully I'll be back on the blogging train again now, as long as life stays relatively "boring"
-Bec


Comments

Popular Posts